"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful" - Eric Thomas

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Filter Bubbles

A. I learned that Social Networking sites and search engines have learned to tailor to the users preference and
B. This makes think differently because it makes me wonder if I am too bland when I surf the web. It also seems that I am not as well as informed about current events than I thought I was and that I was not aware that my searches have become more and more appealing to me.
C. It raises the question that if the Internet was becoming more and more censored, reverting us back to earlier times of newspapers that hold back parts of the story.
D. I would try to use every search engine that is available, instead of just Google and Yahoo. I also need to research more worldly news and less sports as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment