"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful" - Eric Thomas

Thursday, February 13, 2014

WELCOME TO THE INTERDISCIPLINARITY

Big thanks to Dr. Preston for helping me choose what I wanted to research. I want to do sokmething about sports: why are they so exciting, why do we invest so much of our time to watch these men do what they do with incredible God given talent. Some useful tools that can help me decipher what it is I want to learn include: Science- what goes into the physical makeup of these athletes? How are we able to use the laws of physics to make spmething that is entertaining? Why do fans get so excited about games they do not even play in? Mathematics- What are the chances to go Pro? Or even Collegite? Why are statistics important when trying to decide who the "Greatest of all time" is? Motivation- what motivates these players to be the best? money? fame? proving to themselves it can be done? Economics- why do we spend a lot of money if we can barley make ends meet? Hpoefully by the end of this I will find the answers to all the questions I have and find out why people love to watch sports, write about sports, even have sports exist in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment