"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful" - Eric Thomas

Thursday, February 20, 2014

BRAVE NEW ESSAY TOPIC

This particular essay has five different prompts so these are my strategies for each of the following:
      

Mind Meddlers- I would answer this prompt by stating textual examples, such as, the hypnopaedia that is used and how it would relate to something that we use to remind ourselves.
 
Bottled Pleasure- I would answer this question with the amount of sexual intercourse that everyone has and how it has become emotionless, also I would talk about the soma pills used to rid them of any free thinking thoughts.

Huxley’s Warning- I would answer this question by using the examples of Huxley, for example the way we treat the environment and how we now worry about it when before we did not. I would play this off into more possibilities that he showed, like free thinking.

A Difference of Opinion About Utopia- The three characters I would use are Lenina, Bernard, and the savage. I would use them because Lenina and the savage could not be any more different, while Bernard is very curious about the things outside the World State.
 
Three Little Words- I would question this slogan mostly because the have no identity, it is just given to them. The community they live in is just a hoax and all planned out. The stability part is sort of right, but they do not teach the people in the World State about the outside world, they would have to learn themselves.


 
 
 
 
I got this essay prompt from this site.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, good job for going above in beyond with the topics! Out of these, I like the last prompt, about the three words of the slogan, the best.

    ReplyDelete