"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful" - Eric Thomas

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Poetry #1

1. This poem is borrowed from "the Laughing Heart" by Charles Bukowski
2. The use of this poem by a corporation can be considered ironic because it states many perceptions that people have towards corporations, for example: "don't let it be clubbed into dank submission" can be used to describer a corporation because they may force their workers to do something not at all worth doing, but they know if they refuse they will possibly lose that job and have no means of sustenance.
3. This poem would not be a good example of Mr. Bukowski's. Most of his works dealt with the darker side of life such as: alcoholism and gambling. Unlike most of his works he chose to express the hope in life and that there is always a positive to take from anything in life, including the negativity in life.
4. For #1 I clicked on the video to take me to youtube and luckily I found a comment that listed his name and the name of the poem as well. I then double checked it on google and by looking at my peers blogs and it confirmed. For #3 I first looked at peer blogs to see their insight, then I went to a website dedicated to him(http://bukowski.net/) and clicked on some literature to get a feel of his style of writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment